the Law Union of Ontario Annual General Meeting (AGM) and after party are coming up!
WHEN WILL IT BE?
Thursday 13 October 6:30-8:30 AGM + 8:30-10:30 Afterparty
WHERE WILL IT BE?
United Steelworkers Hall, 25 Cecil Street
WHAT WILL WE DO?
– welcome new members
– discuss what we did last year in our subcommittees
– form subcommittees
– choose the 2016-2017 Steering Committee
– meet each other, catch up, and enjoy complimentary snacks and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) at the afterparty
This year we will also be featuring a short presentation by Fred Ernst on the privacy issues surrounding IMSI catchers which have been used by the state to perform surveillance on mobile phones.
– Please let us know if you need any accommodations or if there is an item that you would like to add to the agenda
– Don’t forget that the annual AGM is a great opportunity to renew your LUO membership. You can also renew your membership online at http://www.lawunion.ca/join/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you there!
– Law Union of Ontario Steering Committee 2015-2016
Out of the ashes of summer rises that beloved annual tradition known as the Law Union of Ontario’s Annual General Meeting.
The details of this year’s AGM are as follows:
LAW UNION OF ONTARIO ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13TH, 2016, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
UNITED STEELWORKERS UNION HALL
25 CECIL STREET, TORONTO ON (College and Spadina)
There will be an After Party/Gathering immediately following the AGM from 8:30PM to 10:30 PM at the same location.
The 2016 Law Union of Ontario Annual Conference has a new date and venue. Please note the new information below and update your calendars accordingly.
The annual Law Union of Ontario conference is being held on Friday May 13, 2016, and Saturday May 14, 2016 at Northrop Frye Hall at the University of Toronto. There will be a keynote speech on Friday night and a full-day conference on the Saturday.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – OCTOBER 15, 2015
The Law Union of Ontario will hold its Annual General Meeting on Thursday, October 15, 2015 from 6:30-8:30 PM at Friends House (60 Lowther Street, Toronto). Doors open at 6 p.m.
The tentative agenda is as follows:
2. Brief history of the Law Union
3. Sub-Committee reports (what happened last year, upcoming initiatives)
4. Review of finances
5. Other items from members
6. Steering Committee election
7. Sign up for sub-committees
The AGM will be followed by an after party at 9:00 at the Regal Beagle (335 Bloor Street West). This is an accessible event.
If you have any items that you would like to add to do a short presentation on (2 to 3 minutes), please e-mail Kendall Yamagishi at: email@example.com
Finally, the AGM will be a scent-free event. Please help make the AGM an accessible event for all LUO members and avoid wearing perfume, cologne and other scented products like lotions and hairspray that day.
See you there,
2014/15 Steering Committee